Tuesday, December 8, 2020

state of the union

Joe lies down whenever it all feels like too much, and frankly there are worse coping mechanisms so I try and be supportive. Feel your feelings, little woman.

Back in September I searched "crock pot apple" on Pinterest and learned that my root chakra is blocked, so I bought a plant on the advice of a spiritual website and just made applesauce like I always knew I was going to. The plant is flourishing in spite of being dropped thirteen times before arriving to its new home directly on top of/next to a radiator/an open-all-winter window. I'm unsure of how much the plant has impacted the health of my root chakra but since neither one of us is dead and it looks cute in my kitchen I guess I'll keep watering it. 

My cat had his wellness visit yesterday and I paid hundreds of dollars to learn that he's fat and has stinky breath. Words cannot express how much I love and adore our veterinarian, but I already knew both of those things. Except now that I've paid for the privilege of having a learned doctor explain how I'm supposed to train my cat to brush his own teeth over a period of several months, I have to actually do something about how fat and stinky he is. And if there's anything I'm annoyed by, it's being asked to do things. 

Today I made macaroni and cheese from scratch. At 10AM. And we ate it for breakfast. And lunch. 

Blogger still won't let me upload photos except for when it does but then quickly changes its mind again which makes it worse, pick a lane Blogger.