Saturday, September 26, 2015





“I used to think I was the strangest person in the world but then I thought there are so many people in the world, there must be someone just like me who feels bizarre and flawed in the same ways I do. I would imagine her, and imagine that she must be out there thinking of me too. Well, I hope that if you are out there and read this and know that, yes, it's true I'm here, and I'm just as strange as you.” FRIDA KAHLO

The Frida Kahlo exhibit is worth paying full price to see, even if you could have paid for two student tickets instead of one because nobody at the Bronx botanical garden bothers to check. Which was too bad for them last Saturday, because if they had checked they would have been able to see that I'd accidentally bought a "senior" ticket instead of a "student" one. And what a funny moment that could have been. Man. I really hate to miss a good chuckle.




"What appear to be colorful flowers 
are actually brightly colored floral bracts
 - modified leaves that attract pollinators to 
the true flowers, 
which are white and very small.





Another thing that is always worth the money is Tehuitzingo Deli on 49th. They remodeled a couple of years ago so it doesn't have the same sketchy "I might actually die here" vibe as it did when Diego first took me there, but that doesn't make me like it any less. 




Today I feel like doing something that involves putting on lipstick (like maybe drinking wine out of a paper bag somewhere before it gets too cold, YAS) so I guess I'd better shower because full-coverage foundation doesn't work on stinky. I am a beauty guru, is how I know these things.