Wednesday, March 6, 2013

i don't think he chose to become what he has but believe me this is not your fight




Sometimes I like to buy remnant fabric on the cheap and horde it for the day I learn how to sew. The other day I found some with DONKEYS on it. Donkeys. So I fished some elastic out of one of the cardboard boxes I haven't unpacked since 1994 and made a skirt happen. And then I got really excited because it as it turns out skirts with elastic waistbands are like the easiest thing to make ever, so I made another one happen. AND I wore them in real life and they didn't fall apart or anything. AND I took awkward, douchey pictures in order to impress the internet with my skirt-making prowess. AND the leopard one is made out of pajama material so it's super extra amazing. DIY, seriously. Not like the lie that is most of pinterest. Which I do not have because I don't need another g-damn reason to feel inferior. All you do is figure out how much material you need to cover your tush, sew it into a tube, hem the bottom, and make a fatter hem around the top but don't sew all the way. Push the rubber band in around the top, sew the hole closed, and look like a model. The End, You Are Welcome. The only problem is that measuring is for people who are not me, so they're a little bit big in the waistal area and you can sort of see where they bunch up under my shirt. But no one's been lifting up my shirts and examining my waistbands recently so I think that is probably fine. If you examine the pictures, though, you can definitely see my makeshift nightstand collection. That sure is a pile of old magazines and a plant stand. It sure. Is.

Probably I can quit college now and just design pajama skirts. I KNEW something would fall into my lap, I just knew it.