Monday, February 18, 2013

your sky all hung with jewels

At the Dressing Table, self portrait, Zinaida Serebriakova
The source is the internet, stupid.

I will ruin your shots, so hard, every time. So why, then, these images of myself? 
(Probably I am just a douche, but if so I'm not the only one. And I want to know why we are being douches. If that is what we are being.) 
Do you know why, though? If you do, could you tell me?

(Is taking pictures of yourself different from carving your name into something? How is or isn't it? What's the fascination? What's the motivation? What's the velocity of a swallow?)

That was, of course, a preamble to this:



What I wore to life this week! Except it is a lie because of blizzards, so it's kind of last week too, because fuck putting on clothes to be snowed in.In the house = pajamas, always.
Personally I like when blog ladies post clothes pictures. Not fashion blogs, I don't read those, because in my opinion they are boring and I like blogs that um, talk about stuff.
Number one, I just like pictures of pretty girls, and that is what you all are.
Number two is that I steal clothes from the friends I see all the time, so why should you all be exempt from my sticky fingers? I'll be at your house in an hour.
Number three is just that I'm a creepy voyeur, but you knew that. (This seems like a good time to tell you that in real life, I have a mustache.)
Also I've found that you can learn a lot about somebody from their outfit photos. For example, you all now know that I sometimes wear fur. And that I shop in the little boys' section of BJs more than sometimes. And that I wear the same shirts a bunch of times in one week, which you probably already knew, just like you already knew I don't brush my hair a lot. And don't you like me more now?