Tuesday, February 5, 2013

nobody knows it but me when i slip, yeah i slip i'm still an animal



Because sometimes mirrors aren't entirely truthful.
(Sometimes I am pretty sure that watching Clueless so many times during my formative years did something permanent to my brain. Once when I was watching it the summer before freshman year I remember her relationship making me think, "No one has felt a love quite like mine for my boyfriend. I am so lucky." We'd been going out for eight whole days and about two days after my Cher-inspired reverie he dumped me via AIM, saying: "I'd rather be a good friend to you than a bad boyfriend." So yeah, since I've been dumped twice in my entire life I'd say that makes my average a pretty good one. Except it's going to really fucking suck when I'm actually in love with somebody and they break it off and my system goes into shock because I haven't built up a tolerance. OH, my god. This blog is a giant exercise in testing the limits of how many nonsense digressions parentheses can hold.)

So despite the lack of anything remotely interesting going on in this space (EVER) I have been making a point to write more, and regularly. And by "making a point to" I mean I wrote it down in my journal as a goal to meet, which is how you can tell I mean business (at the exact second I write down a goal, until something more interesting happens and I forget about self-improvement.) A thousand words of free-writing a day (or any writing really outside of academia) seemed pretty do-able and I have surprisingly been do-able-ing it.. Actually I usually end up with more like 5000 words, which is partly why this blog has been so quiet, because my intention was to share pieces of whatever I came up with on here. Which was a Good Idea, since it would combine my winding-down-before-bed-time with my blogging-time-that-I-never-actually-scheduled-before-but-will-now-because-it-is-in-combination-with-something-else. Except that it is also kind of a Problematic Idea because AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME TO READ THOUSANDS OF WORDS' WORTH OF YOUR AIMLESS THOUGHTS, LINDS.