Tuesday, July 14, 2015

te amo a la luna






Sometimes side braids fall out and sometimes people watch you jumping around the tiny beach from the street for a long time before you notice that they're there and sometimes you spend four dollars on iced coffee at a farmer's market only to accidentally caffeinate the trees with it five minutes later. Why is spellcheck telling me that "caffeinate" isn't a word? Anyway, the thing is to wear the dresses you like even if they showcase your cankles. Now, spellcheck, I KNOW "cankles" is a word. I've known since the day I missed the ankle boat. Do you think I could ever forget standing on the shore in the rain, watching the people laughing and celebrating the delicate skinny parts of their legs as the boat sailed away from me forever? Do you?

Anyway the thing I like about this next picture is that it looks like a selfie but it isn't:


My hand was just on Diego's knee! Ha ha! Tricks! The reason I bring it up is because I'm thinking of starting a thing where instead of posting actual selfies, people post pictures that just look like they've taken them of themselves when really someone else did. FYI, I just deleted six or seven sentences wherein I elaborated excessively on this idea before realizing that maybe the computer screen is doing something to my brain because I got home from work today and decided it'd be a good time to edit all of the pictures. I didn't get very far. So instead of pictures of the Fourth of July fireworks I looked at on the Wednesday before July 4th, you can have this picture from this past Saturday morning where I think Diego looks like he's on a safari because of the temple in the background and the approaching-the-lion's-den-seriousness:


Although maybe it's less seriousness in the face of lions than it is thirstiness in the face of hotness.

He just brought me chili, so you can thank him later for ending whatever this is.