Monday, November 19, 2012


So, to preface this and the rest of what I say to any of you for the rest of my life, I am going to be twenty-four on my next birthday, not twenty-three as I said in my last post. I miscalculated because sometimes I don't know what year we're in. 

This song is stuck in my head:



Grizzly Bear is fun to search on YouTube because, obviously. "Grizzly bear devours trainer," etc. Also grizzly bears make me think about Dwight Shrute. (Who IS Justice Beaver? Do any of us really know?)

And also this song:





Over Thanksgiving break, I will: 
-Bake some stuff.
-Read a lot, but
-NOT check out dense Russian literature. I will leave it on the shelf for people who will actually read it.
-Take long walks to balance out the baking.
-Buy a new supportive undergarment. (I need a bra that doesn't poke me, but I didn't want to just write bra? So I wrote "supportive undergarment" instead, only that's worse, right, because now it sounds like I'm going girdle shopping. And now you're picturing me in girdles!! Or, you weren't, but now you are because I said that. Probably should just take this whole part out but I feel like I'm invested now since I've been typing it for almost a minute.)
-Not be on the internet and
-DEFINITELY NOT get on any trains to go do things I shouldn't want to do with people I shouldn't want to do them with. Ugh.
-Maybe might actually though.




I know I keep saying this but I'm so glad it's not hot outside. The frost this morning made me nervous for winter, though, because I really don't enjoy the feeling of bone chill. Anyway cooler weather is just so much easier to get dressed in. Mostly because of pea coats:


EVERYBODY looks good in a pea coat. And no matter what you have on underneath I always think you look fancy. (I also think name-brand Velveeta is extremely fancy though, so, you might want to consider that.) Speaking of fancy, I bought a pair of tights at Rite-Aid the other day. And as an extra-special bonus, they matched my beverage the day I wore them:



There is a vat of sweet potato casserole sitting in my refrigerator right now and I may or may not keep daydreaming about it. I just googled "Thanksgiving dessert recipes for kids." Do you guys think prostitution should be legalized? Call me/email me/come wake me up in the middle of the night to discuss it. I have to write a paper and I already know how I feel but I'm kind of interested in what other people think. You know, so I can correct them if they think the wrong thing. 



I hope you all enjoy your break if you get one, think of fun tricks to play on your boss if you don't, and have lots of nice things to be thankful for. xo