Thursday, November 14, 2019


But what a funny thing it is to travel like that, leaving little fragments of one’s heart more or less everywhere.
SIMONE DE BEAUVOIR


I found a post about our trip to Maine two (three, now?) summers ago in drafts. Nothing was written yet; there were just some photos, which seems right.

That week felt like the apex of something for a lot of reasons. And wouldn't you know, it turned out to be the last real vacation we would go on as a - I know, I see you cringing, I'm going to say it anyway - as a family of two. 

We stayed in Old Port by the beach:







We took the ferry to Peaks Island:















We went kayaking at sunset in Casco Bay:





Had our anniversary dinner at Miyake





Discovered The Holy Donut by happy accident:




Rode around on some boats:









Spent a few hours at Old Orchard Beach because I insisted:




Ate and drank and ate and looked at stuff and ate some more:






The End.

I wonder what other gold there is to find in these here drafts.