Monday, February 1, 2016

Monday Confession because I didn't write Sunday Confessions yesterday: On Saturday we had brunch with a friend of Diego's that I've never met before and I said, quote, even though I don't need to write "quote" because you'll already know that it's something I said because 1) I just wrote "I said," and 2) You are not blind (I don't think) and will be able to clearly see the quotation marks I'm going to put around the thing that I said - here, I have to interrupt myself interrupting myself to say that I went all the way back to the beginning of this sentence and read it all the way back to that last part where I said, "to put around the thing that I said," and I realized that you might be confused and think that all of this is what I said. It isn't. I got carried away because I really just wanted you to know that the thing I'm about to tell you I said is exactly what I said, word for word. I suppose I could delete all of this and just use the word "verbatim" instead. But that isn't very much fun. 

This is what I said (and also, just to remind you in case you forgot because it's been a while since we started, this is the confession part of this Monday Confession): "I'm not HUNGOVER. I'm just sick because I drank too much yesterday." Which I'm sure a very many people have said in like, a funny joking sort of way? You know? But I said it as like, a real argument. And I said it in the voice of a petulant child. An irritated, hungover child. 

Hm. That sort of makes it sound like I was an unhappy camper at brunch, and I wasn't. It was quite nice, I had eggs on a biscuit. I'll show you a picture sometime. 

Today I started my new job and everybody is very nice. Also, I got to read a lot of interesting things and I'm going to share one of my favorite ones here because while I'd really like to write down some of the more poem-y things inside my head I just don't have the brainergy (brain energy) at this very moment in time. Or for the last long bunch of moments in time, yes, I know, it's on my list of things to Be Better About. Also I have to make grilled cheese sandwiches in a few minutes because when you let me pick dinner I pick grilled cheese EVERY TIME. Almost every time. Sometimes I pick pierogies. SPELLCHECK, LEARN POLISH. You're a disappointment to your father. 

Anyway here is the thing (photos link back to their sources): 






Google "The Deep Dark, Garrett and Brown" and read about it because I'm out of those things that you use to describe other things with.