Monday, November 30, 2015

thankful for (before november is over and everyone moves on to the feast of alvis)



- Mexi-Pilgrim fusion picnic dinners cooked for me by someone whose ancestral land was pillaged by my forefathers
- Wine and chocolate sauce


- Pajamas masquerading as work clothes
- Red lipstick, for tricking people into thinking that I have fucks to give


- Cloudy, cool days
- Dry shampoo


- My naturally athletic body


- Hopeful graffiti 
- Coffee



- Lazy date nights (aka, our favorite gyro place followed by the bar across the street from where we do laundry) (aka, best)

Thankful that if either one of us loses our job, the rent will still get paid. We will possibly starve to death, but at least we'll do it under a roof. Thankful that my mom is around for me to love and irritate. Thankful that I can afford the Christmas shopping I'm able to do. Thankful that Diego's nephews are of fun ages to pick out toys for. Thankful for health, for mine and for my family's (Arwen's especially) (100% not being sarcastic.) Thankful for coworkers who make bleak bearable. Thankful for how many times a day I have a reason to laugh.

Okay that's enough, blech. But I am honestly so thankful to be where I am and to have what I have for another holiday season. And to have who I have. Blog friends included. Let's swap addresses and do cards, yeah? Yeah.