Sunday, June 21, 2015

we'll stay forever this way




I can't stop buying $1.99 ebooks. Right now I'm reading one about the Titanic. The story itself is kind of forced, ditto with the writing, but it has its moments and obviously I've been crying through the whole thing because we all know what happens at the end. 

On Friday night we went to happy hour in the village, at this little tapas place we like that has cheap-o buckets of beer and tiny Spanish sandwiches and tables outside, AKA everything I want after work on a Friday. While Diego went to fetch our bucket, I looked at the TV for a while and to my elation I saw John Stamos selling, like, cologne or something. I don't know. Then one of the girls at the table next to mine said, "He's kind of cute for an old guy" and it took everything in me not to march up to her and say "That is UNCLE JESSE and you will HAVE SOME RESPECT." What happy hour really means to me, I guess, is a cocktail and back-to-back episodes of Full House.


I'm not always sure when to use "were" vs when to use "was." 

I stopped writing this to go see Jurassic World. I forgot it's Father's Day, so I wasn't prepared for the nine hundred people celebrating fatherly love by watching dinosaurs tear shit up. What I was prepared for was a two-hour long commercial since all I'd heard about this movie was that it was basically one big product placement with some dinosaurs stuck in every once in a while. I have to say, I didn't think it was that bad. YouTube beauty videos are absolutely a million times worse. Now turn off your computers and go enjoy a cold, refreshing Coke! 





The United States of Becky

Go read more secrets.