Saturday, January 19, 2013

We are not the same, I am a Martian

I have eight hundred million black t shirts. Roughly. And I will spend a good handful of minutes picking out which one I want to wear. (Side note, I am frequently mistaken for a Hasidic Jew. It happened more when I lived among them but even now I still get it once in a while. And the only thing I can think of is that a lot of my outfits are just black dress/black tights/long black coat/black shoes combos. Anyway I've had some pretty neat conversations as a result of this and since I happen to be pretty fascinated with Jewish culture ever since Charlotte converted for Harry/my friend showed me Jewish Sesame Street, I get a little weirdly excited whenever it happens. And actually now that I'm thinking about it, I once worked with a girl who thought I was Amish for a while. Turns out she didn't really understand what an Amish person was but that's not the point. The point was lost in ancient times, probably Aslan knows what happened to it but somehow I even doubt that. NOT that I am doubting Aslan.)

So, um. Sometimes for extra specials (because each black t shirt is special in its own way, of course, which is why I refuse to get rid of any) I stick an old pin to a ribbon and make my neck fancy.


1.

2.

3.





You can tell it's a DIY because I put numbers next to the pictures. If you can't figure it out beyond that then you probably shouldn't have access to sharp things like pins in the first place.